Medication Course Questions

How do I know which Medication class I need?

If you have never taken a Medication class in Nevada, you must take the initial class that is 16 hours. It must be taken on CQES Campus at 3660 N. Rancho Dr. #101 , Las Vegas, NV 89130. If you have taken the initial class and it has not expired (must be within one year) you may enroll for the 8-hour refresher. You must call and schedule your testing. 702 489-5822

Example of lapsed:  Jan 7th, 2017  you took the initial class and now it is Feb 1st, 2018, you have gone past the renewal period. You must take the 16-hour class.

Example not lapsed: Jan 7th, 2017 you took the initial class and now it is Jan 1st, 2018, you may take the renewal refresher because you have 6 days left on your current certificate.

How do I take the Nevada State 8 Hour Refresher test?
After you have completed the online course we will be notified automatically. You may call the office and schedule a time for the test. Plan on 30-40 min for the testing.

Who gets the original certificate when the testing is complete?

If you have personally paid for the course you will get the original certificate and then you should make a copy for your facility. If the facility paid for the course they get the original and you do not get a copy from us. We highly recommend you pay for your own.

Are these courses good for other states?

Each state is different and some require classroom training and others online is totally acceptable. The Chronic illness, Mental Illness, Aging Overview and Elder Abuse are good for most states. The Medication Management will not work for your state because there is no testing online. Since we are a Postsecondary School (College for PCA and DCW) most will accept the certificate. It is up to you to make sure it is acceptable as there are no refunds after beginning to take the course. 

 Will I be able to print my certificate after a course online? 

After passing the final exam at the end of the training, you will be able to print the certificate. If you have not passed with an 80% or better you will not get to print a certificate. You may take the test again only after we receive notification of failure. Each student may view the training material again before re-taking the test.

I’m a CNA do I have to take a class?.

Since a CNA is a nursing assistant you have a different scope of practice and in Assisted Living there is a different scope of practice. To understand the regulations and avoid problems you would want to take the basic 16 hour class for Direct Care Workers since you are not working as a CNA in the facility. This is taught on campus only. Click here for class schedules Click here for class schedules   CQES provides Continuing Education Units for the CNA license, so you get two for one by taking the class.

I’m from out of state and have years of experience and certification, do I still need classes?

The simple answer is YES. Nevada wants its own certificates and for you to understand Nevada regulations. There are so many states that don’t even require training and that does not work for the State of Nevada.  Remember you are in the healthcare industry and that usually requires continuing education. Those who read lead! You must always invest in yourself to become all you can be.